From Home Page: How long to get to the Sun if flying at 500 mph? About 21 years
SEAL HARBOR BANNER QUIZ
1) It's a barred owl, not a barn owl.
2) It's an Eastern meadowlark, not a lemony snicket!
3) It's a very young bird, not a very old bird.
4) It's a bobcat, not a lynx.
5) King penguins live in the Antarctic, not the Arctic. (We saw this one and hundreds of thousands of others in the Antarctic in late 2015.)
6) It's a beaver, not a woodchuck/ground hog.
7) Saturn is much larger than Mars.
QUIZ 1 (posted on Facebook on 1/31/16): WHICH BIRD IS WHICH?
photo 1-female purple finch (photo by Bernd Heinrich)
photo 2-mockingbird (photo by Sylvia Rolle)
photo 3-yellow-rumped warbler (photo by Craig Neff)
To return to the Quizzes page, click here: http://www.thenaturalistsnotebook.com/quizzes/
QUIZ 2: WHICH ONE IS FASTEST?
The snail is able travel about 25 meters a day, so it wins the race. Moose antlers can grow at an inch a day—antler cells are the fastest-growing cells in the moose's body—and continental plates move about an inch a year.